Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ever so much like Job....................

So many think they are not like Job, for he lost so much and most of us haven't lost to that extent, well we think anyway. I certainly can relate and how many of us can, when our family and friends might tell us to either grow up, get with the program or even grow up!  No one knows what " you" go through but you and even though it is hard, tough, even debilitating, GOD IS IN CONTROL! 
I am 57 years of age and still pinch myself to see if I am really here.  I was conceived in 1957, abandoned by parents, adopted and then molested most of my life before my adopted dad died, and never knew MOST of the traumas that have happened to me to this day.  I have had the signs and symptoms of them, but not grasping the fact that they are signs and symptoms of the trauma, not a physical disease (btw, this is a KEY SECRET TO MOST DISEASES).  So my name is Nicole and I have always loved, LOVED my name.  Growing up no one, NO ONE else had this name!  I learned it meant victorious one, Victory of the people, victorious warrior, etc.  The verse that always was given was out of Job.  Job 23...... be it 10, or 11.  So i looked it up and the complete thought took 3 verses.  
 10 But he knows the way that I take;
    when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
11 My foot has held fast to his steps;
    I have kept his way and have not turned aside.
12 I have not departed from the commandment of his lips;
    I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.

Even then I thought, soooooooo, now i am like Job?  uh huh............       
Well months passed and I kept being drawn to Job, by church sermons, testimonies, just everyday situations that pointed to this book and man.  Finally a day came, when I chose to read the entire book of Job in one sitting (well one day anyway), and what grabbed my spirit, soul, and body, was the last chapters of this book.  Mostly I had known about how all he had was taken from him;  his family couldn't even understand him, and his friends, well you read the book and see for yourself.  Friends can be soooo..............  _____________.  (you fill in the blank). Previously I had been even critical myself over Job's friends!  
Now this time around I got to towards the end of the book and when I got to chapter 38, and realized even though so much catastrophe happened to this man of GOD, well GOD humbles Job right there in front of his friends and starts to speak  " WHO ARE YOU JOB , AND WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I MADE THE EARTH? TELL ME IF YOU KNOW SO MUCH..................  
and so for several chapters, as God speaks, Job shuts up and listens (not hears, but listens).  So now until my next posting ,  I challenge you to read the entire book of JOB!  Pray first and see what happens. We are in a time of such purging and God is going deeper than ever,  DEEP into us that will let HIM.  SHALOM THIS DAY......         See you soon! 

 
"Our steps have not turned away"

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT IS FINISHED! More and More Freedom than ever before!

GOOD and GLORIOUS VICTORY Over More & More Evil in JESUS Holy Name! There are barely any words to describe the feelings and sensation...